||A 1950s motorcycle
boyfriend number with Raveonettes-style drums and guitar, sung whispily by
Carrie Hoffman. Features three original songs for the B-sides: the
Calvin Johnson delivery of "The Abortion Graveyard," "City Boy," and "The
Ogre on Easter," another Carrie Hoffman sad showcase.
Recording: 11 Nov 2005 - 22 Apr 2006 by Rusty Spell at Love and Letters Studios in Edinburg TX. Cover design: Carrie Hoffman and Rusty Spell. Total running time: 25.12.
Vocals by Carrie Hoffman and Rusty Spell. Electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboard, jaw harp, tambourine, and sampling by Rusty Spell. Songs by Rusty Spell except 2,4,6. Carrie Hoffman and Rusty Spell.
1. Single Version [3:52] -- Believe it or not,
we don't even own a motorcycle.
2. "The Abortion Graveyard" [3:46] -- Based on the actual abortion graveyard on Highway 49 in Hattiesburg, MS.
3. Chipmunk Version [4:56] -- The chipmunks have given up trying to sing the songs at this point.
4. "City Boy" [5:08] -- Carrie becomes a butchy southern woman before your very ears.
5. Nell Version [1:07] -- We'd just seen the movie.
6. "The Ogre on Easter" [4:47] -- What our deformed green Easter egg might have sounded like.
7. Fade Out Faded Up [1:20] -- So you can hear what nuttiness happens after the song had faded.
nSProd-s8 LLM-s7 TSE-s7
Copyright (c) Apr 2006 by The Strawberry Explosion and Love and Letters Music